Monday, February 14, 2011

I Love My Microsoft Kinect For Xbox 360

So my family got the Kinect this past weekend. We couldn't take the torture any more. After watching plenty of ads on TV as well as youtube videos of people playing Kinect at home. Here are my first impressions:

Definitely get a Microsoft Kinect if you have no medical condition especially a weak heart. The Kinect definitely gets your heart pumping especially with the full interaction it requires. We have the Kinect Adventures! game (came with the Kinect) and we also decided to buy Dance Central. We saw plenty of commercials with people dancing along with their game and had to try it out at least. I have a confession to make, I suck at dancing and Dance Central for me is a hard game to play even on Easy level. But, the benefit of dancing is that you burn off a lot of calories! The game has an achievement for burning 1000 calories while playing the game continuously. So if you are having trouble finding the motivation to venture out in the cold then you should consider getting the Microsoft Kinect. I played Dance Central for over one hour without realizing how fun it is. I would've never worked out for over an hour and enjoyed it as much as I did with the Kinect. Although it is a great workout to dance you can only play as long as your body will let you go. If your body can't go you might not play the game again for another day or two.

The most important things you need to play with the Kinect are an Xbox 360, plenty of space in front of your TV and comfortable shoes (if you have hardwood or tiles for flooring). You need comfortable shoes because you will be doing a lot of jumping and moving around.

The only things that concerned me with the Kinect is that the games selection are a little dull, more games do need to come out especially first person shooter games. Also I just thought about this but Kinect is most likely not suitable for anyone with a disability as it requires a full range of motions to be able to play the game successfully. So do you have a Kinect? What do you think of it? What are your favorite games for the Kinect?

No comments:

Post a Comment